In collaboration with Europoles Swiss, InnoVfoam BV has developed a new concept for fire monitors at height. Conventional steel towers are generally equipped with cage ladders and platforms used in performing mainte-nance work on the monitors. The InnoVfoam-Europoles concept consists of a mast made of pre-stressed concrete with a lowering mechanism fitted to the exterior. The monitor can be lowered using a sled, allowing maintenance to be conducted at ground level. The monitor cabling runs through the tower.
The water-bearing pipe system is on the exterior of the tower. The moving lowering section can be dis-connected from the fixed pipe system by means of a custom pipe coupling. The electrical connection between the fixed section and the lowering section is achieved with a custom plug connection. The vertical movement comes from a pneumatically-driven portable winch. This allows it to be utilised in Ex areas.
- Tower made of pre-stressed concrete with a fire rating of 120 min.
- Suitable for all reactive forces
- Tower cooling is not necessary
- Cage ladders and platforms are not necessary
- Corrosion protection for the tower is not necessary
- Maintenance on the extinguishing monitors can be performed at ground level
- Available from 5 to 35 meter tower heights
- Combination with lighting & camera system
- No risk of dropping tools from a height during maintenance activities
Fire extinguishing monitors are used in the following areas:
- Tanker vessel loading zones
- (Petro)chemical factories
- Outside storage of waste paper
- Recycling companies
- Aeroplane hangars
The lowering mechanism and extinguishing monitors can also be supplied separately. For use in large areas such as aeroplane hangars, the system can be mounted to the steel construction. In this case, the need for maintenance platforms and cage ladders is no longer necessary as maintenance or inspection can take place at ground level.
Monitor capacity: 1,000 lpm @6 bar
Control voltage: 400 VAC
Monitor control: electric, 24 VDC
Hatch control: electric, 230 VDC
System control: wireless via control unit or automatic via thermal-imaging camera
Winch control: via cable control
Extinguishing monitor: Stainless steel with coating
Pipework: Stainless steel or carbon steel